Back to List

Category: Tax Questions

Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555)

If you qualify, you can use Form 2555 to figure your Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and your Housing Exclusion or Deduction.  You cannot exclude or deduct more than your Foreign Earned Income for the year.

Select the links below to show/hide additional information:

 What Is Foreign Earned Income?
 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
 Earned and Unearned Income

To display instructions for accessing Form 2555 in the tax program click here.

NOTE: This is a guide on entering Foreign Tax Credit into the TaxSlayer Pro program.  This is not intended as tax advice.

If the information you need is not addressed here, you may call the IRS International Tax Law hotline.  The number is 215.516.2000. (This is not a toll-free number)

Additional links:
Instructions for Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income
Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
Publication 514, Foreign Tax Credit for Individuals
Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens
Publication 901, U.S. Tax Treaties

Last Updated: 4/2/2015

Email Article