Back to List

Category: Tax Questions

Form 1040 - Schedule E

Schedule E is used to report income or loss from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts.  You cannot claim rental of personal property on Schedule E unless the property is leased with real estate.

Select the links below to show/hide additional information:

 To Enter Rental Income On Schedule E
 To Enter Royalty Income On Schedule E
 To Edit A Schedule E Entry
 To Delete A Schedule E Entry
 Schedule E - Rental Property Losses
 Schedule E - Prior Year Unallowed Losses

NOTE: This is a guide on entering Schedule E income / loss into the TaxSlayer Pro program.  This is not intended as tax advice.  For additional information refer to the Additional Links below.

Additional links:
Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax
Publication 527, Residential Rental Property
Publication 535, Business Expense
Publication 925, Passive Activity & At Risk Rules
Publication 946, How to Depreciate Property

Last Updated: 12/11/2017

Email Article