TaxSlayer Pro Support is committed to helping our customers take preventative measures against security threats targeting their businesses and clients. Beginning in January 2020, Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 and all versions of Windows 8 Server. Therefore, as Microsoft will not be issuing security updates for these operating systems, TaxSlayer Pro must end support as well. We advise you to take this deadline into account when planning for the 2019 tax season.
In the next few months, it will be critical to upgrade your operating systems and equipment to a newer version of Windows such as Windows 10. The Windows 10 operating system combats new-age security threats with a variety of features that assist with Identity Protection, Data Protection, and Device Security. These features include:
- Hardware-based security maintains system integrity and is more efficient than the platform security offered in Windows 7
- Device Guard heightens Windows 10’s resistance to security threats by providing desktop protection, application verification before running, and increased malware resistance
- UEFI Security Boot keeps malware from embedding into your hardware
- Enterprise Data Protection aids in Data Loss Protection (DLP) and allows file encryption
- BitLocker is improved on Windows 10 and helps with disk encryption
- Microsoft Passport helps protect your identity by offering multi-factor authentication as a password alternative
TaxSlayer Pro will not be able to assist you if you are attempting to run any version of our software on obsolete operating systems after the release of our 2019 tax program in November. Now is the time to get your computer equipment needs addressed for the 2019 tax year! Waiting until the beginning of tax season may seriously delay your ability to operate when e‐file begins.
Also, if you are considering upgrading your operating system or computer hardware, please review TaxSlayer Pro’s recommended system specifications.
Call TaxSlayer Pro Support at 706-868-0985 to discuss the benefits of running Windows 10 and to answer any other questions you may have about TaxSlayer Pro software.