Do you have taxpayers who filed extensions back in April for their individual tax returns? As you know that deadline is approaching and it’s time to get the return ready to send off. Before you click transmit, make sure you haven’t made any of these common errors:
- Is the SSN correct?
- Does the taxpayer have a valid ITIN?
- Are all names spelled correctly?
- Is the filing status correct?
- Are all credits (EIC / Child Tax Credit) allowed?
- Are the bank account numbers correct?
- Has the taxpayer signed all necessary forms?
Checking your client’s returns for these common mistakes could prevent their refund from being delayed. All taxpayers who submitted an extension have until October 15, 2018 to file their returns.